Welcome to Azerivolley Ilgar Azero`s blog!

Enjoy the time! Learn more about Azerbaijan Volleyball!

20 окт. 2010 г.

Angie McGinnis: Choice Azerrail-is a step forward in my career.


The USA National team member,setter Angie McGinnis talked to www.azerisport.com about her choice.

Have you thought a lot about the offer from Azerail?


- No,I have not. I accepted this offer with great pleasure. I talked to the girls in my last team,the friends in Azerbaijan before arriving in Baku. I know Azerrail has authority in the European Arena and it has very big ambitions.My new team pretends to the best goals for next year.

What do you think?: Is this choice a step forward in your opinion?


- Yes, I believe that the way it is.I have very nice memories of "Igtisadchi", where I won my first award in Azerbaijan and I feel that joining "Azerraill" will be great milestone in my career.

And how do you assess the chances of your team in the Challenge Cup?


While it is difficult to say, but we will try to go as far as possible . Naturally, in a game with "Paola" we have not shown even fifty percent of our capacity, so I think we have enough power to win this cup. Time will show.



Have you managed to make friendship with your new team-mates?

Sometimes I face with the problem of language barrier, but in general with all the partners on the team I have excellent relationship. As for English, our Slovak player Matiasovska and Brazilian Elisangela speak fluent,that`s why I do not feel any discomfort talking to them.

You probably know that "Azerrail" season will be special because the team failed to win medals, the Super League?


Yes, I understand perfectly. We are all here to do one thing, namely to help the club to finish the season successfully both on the domestic and the International arena. We continue trainings and do our best to show great performance in next matches.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий